We develop coatings with different functionalities that protect the components and that allow them to resist the degradations derived from logistics, handling, transport or service operations, with solutions that meet current and future needs and challenges.
Thermal Sprayed Carbide (TSC) prevent the wear and erosion in the area of contact between two links and has been applied in mooring chains successfully during last 20 years.
- Good response to a simultaneous action of wear and corrosion.
- Under controlled conditions and equipped to access the inner bend of the links.
- Comply with safety, health (noise isolation and extraction of gases) and environmental requirements.
Thermal Sprayed Aluminum (TSA) is an aluminum based protection that Vicinay has used as a solution against corrosion in offshore mooring lines during last 20 years.
- Meets the performance requirements for categories CX (offshore) and Im4 (splash and tidal zones with cathodic protection) for a durability of more than 25 years.
- Effective protection to steel against corrosion under immersed conditions and under different ageing cycles.
- TSA on 100 % of the link surface area.
This coatings combine many of the advantages of rigid plastics, metals and ceramics with the extensibility of rubber, which allows them to be extremely versatile.
- Good corrosion protection.
- Resistance to chemical attack.
- Abrassion and impact resistance.